Saturday, October 29, 2011

Family and Community

I am re-gifting this morning!  As I sit here in front of the computer with my mind on the trail, I give to you, my faith family, my hiking community, the gift that I have treasured the most: The WORD!
Jeremiah 15:16 says:
"Your words are what sustain me; they are food for my hungry soul. They bring joy to my sorrowing heart and delight me."
2 Peter 1:3 says:
As you know HIM better, He will give you, through His great power, everything you need for living a truly good life: He even shares His own GLORY and His own goodness with us!"
Hebrews 10:25 says:
"Let us not give up meeting together as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another..."
As we are given "divine appointments" with others on the path of life and on the trails, let us continue to focus on ENCOURAGING one another! I have been greatly encouraged by all of you in our conversations on the trails and the emails we exchange. Have you? Please share...

2 comments:

ambarker said...

You write so beautifully, you are very gifted

GHarrisMom said...

When Randy and I were doing a Marriage Group a couple of G2's ago, we did "Marriage by the Book" and selected passages and asked this key question for all of them:
"What would your marriage look like if you followed this?"

One of the passages we used was Hebrews 10:25 - "let us encourage one another...." What would our marriages look like if we encouraged our spouses? Sometimes it seems easier to encourage our kids, our friends, our co-workers, our employees... and yet, if we aren't encouraging our spouse, who is? Today (11/19/11) I briefly mentioned this too - when going up a long hill (hiking and in life) we need to encourage each other. What a treat it can be if we have our spouse along encouraging us?!